Our leadership team is merely part of the extraordinary 100+ Ed Direction team. Teams are assigned to projects to ensure a strong match between Ed Direction team members’ skillsets and project needs.
Dr. Kaufman is a Co-Founder of Cicero Group and founder of Education Direction, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cicero Group. Dr. Kaufman has written two books (Harvard Education Press, Wiley Jossey-Bass) that are used by thousands of organizations worldwide to better leverage data in strategy creation and execution.
- Founder, Education Direction
- Former Senior Associate, Education Resource Strategies
- Former Principal, Alameda County High, Middle, and Elementary Schools
- Harvard University, PhD, Research Fellow; UC Berkeley, MS
Randy is the Founder of Cicero Group. He serves as Economic Advisor to Zions Bank and is an adjunct professor at the University of Utah School of Business. Randy previously worked for Answerthink and Bain and Company. Randy serves on multiple corporate and volunteer boards of directors. He is a well-published author.
- Former Executive Vice President and Managing Partner, Answerthink
- Former Associate, Bain & Company
- Harvard Business School, MBA, highest academic honors
Dr. Allred leads Cicero clients in tackling significant organizational challenges - from post-merger integrations to leadership and change management. As a former Professor at both Harvard and Columbia University, he taught leadership, conflict resolution, and negotiation. He is the former COO of Healthcare Quality Catalyst. He founded and served as Director of The Common Interest. Dr. Allred holds a PhD in Social Psychology and Organizational Behavior from UCLA.
- Founder and Director, The Common Interest
- Former COO, Healthcare Quality Catalyst
- Former Associate Professor, Harvard University
- Former Assistant Professor, Columbia University
- UCLA, PhD
Patricia serves an important role as Senior Advisor to Cicero clients as former President and Co-Founder of Dan Jones and Associates. She is currently the CEO of the Women’s Leadership Institute and serves on the Board of Regents for the Utah System of Higher Education as well as on the board of directors for a number of Utah non-profit organizations and businesses. She served in the Utah Legislature for 14 years and was the first female leader in both the Utah House of Representatives and the Utah Senate.
- Co-Founder and Former President, Dan Jones and Associates
- CEO, Women’s Leadership Institute
- Former State Legislator, Utah State Senate and House of Representatives
- University of Utah, BS
Jacob has worked with mission-driven organizations for over fifteen years and in a dozen countries around the world. He has led the strategic design, implementation, and measurement of social impact programs run by Presidents Bush and Clinton, Goldman Sachs, the Alzheimer’s Association, the Nature Conservancy, and many others. He serves on the board of directors for Mary’s Meals, which feeds a daily meal in school to one million children living in desperate poverty.
- Former Manager, The Bridgespan Group
- Former Project Lead, NP Strategies
- University of California San Diego, PhD; Stanford University, MA
Aaron leads an expansive array of large-scale engagements for Cicero clients across a range of industries and sectors, including higher education, healthcare, retail, and technology. Aaron has taught undergraduate and graduate courses on organizational design and effectiveness, resource strategy, and leadership.
- Former Lead Organizational Consultant and Principal Policy Analyst, University of California, Berkeley
- Former Associate Director and Program Chair, Utah State University
- Harvard University, MEd; Cornell University, MPA
Senior Leadership Team
Dr. Pettersson has over 22 years of experience in public education. She has developed and implemented comprehensive curriculum and other instructional programs. She is a frequent author of articles on student achievement, educational improvement, and social impact. Dr. Pettersson’s doctoral dissertation focus was on systematic change in schools. She holds master degrees in Educational Leadership and Policy and Special Education.
At Cicero Group, Allison works directly with education leaders to improve teaching and learning at scale. Allison has experience in K-12 public education as a Teacher, Reading Specialist, and Program Director. This experience gives her a unique perspective when working with schools and districts across the country. Allison chaired Harvard Graduate School of Education’s Language and Literacy student organization and serves as a member of the Read Today Advisory Board.
- Former Teacher and Reading Specialist
- Former Curriculum Writer and Program Director
- Harvard University, Graduate School of Education, MEd
At Cicero Group, Carrie is focused on driving improvements to student outcomes, particularly for highly-impacted populations, by coupling her ten years of classroom and five years of administrative experience. As a former Dean of Students, she has experience growing enrollment and has successfully designed and implemented K-12 character education programs as a Fellow.
- Fellow at National Association of Independent Schools
- Former Dean of Students and Admission Director
- Former Teacher, St. Vrain Valley School District, Colorado
- Pacific University, MEd; University of Puget Sound, BA; University of Burgundy, BA